SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImadh varavaramunayE nama:
piLLai lOkAchAryar gives proof for the explained principle.
“EkAnthI vyapdhEshtvaya:” – the identity of a prapanna …
SrI vishNu purANam “EkAnthI vyapadhEshtavyO naiva grAma kulAdhibhi: | vishNunA vyapadhEshtavyas thasya sarvam sa Eva hi ||” (A prapanna should not be identified by his native village, clan etc. Is he not known by his relationship with vishNu? For him, everything such as native village, clan etc is vishNu only). With this, it is explained that a prapanna should not be identified by his native village, clan etc. He is known by his relationship with vishNu. For him, everything such as native village, clan etc is vishNu only.
As the chEthana’s svayathna nivruththi (abandonment of self-effort) etc are seen in sUthram 70 “prApthAvum …“,
- the cause for that,
- the result of such person’s effort and consciousness
- this servitude of the AthmA is his internal identity based on the predominance of SEshathvam etc which are AthmA’s true nature, and such servitude being an intrinsic aspect
- the opposite of such servitude (i.e. svAthanthryam etc) are accidental
- on elimination of such opposite aspects, the servitude will be the identity of AthmA
Highlighting these aspects, explaining that this chEthana is not identified by his native village, clan etc and as the proof for the explained principle is spoken, the sUthrams starting from sUthram 71 are ancillary information.
Thus, in this [second] prakaraNam (section), the following principles were explained.
- there is no restriction for prapaththi based on place etc and the object of surrender alone is important
- what is that object of surrender? [bhagavAn, in archAvathAra form]
- the greatness of such archAvathAra emperumAn
- the three types of personalities who surrender unto such emperumAn
- the defect which will occur if such prapaththi is considered as the upAyam (means)
- the true nature etc of prapaththi
- the one who is the refuge, is the means
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in https://srivaishnavagranthams.wordpress.com/
pramEyam (goal) – http://koyil.org
pramANam (scriptures) – http://granthams.koyil.org
pramAthA (preceptors) – https://guruparamparai.wordpress.com
SrIvaishNava Education/Kids Portal – http://pillai.koyil.org