SrI: SrimathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImadh varavaramunayE nama: SrI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
Every day, water is brought from thAmirabaraNi river and thirumanjanam (divine bath) for AzhwAr is carried out with that. perumAL, thAyArs, AzhwAr and AchAryas enjoy many uthsavams through the year. Let us learn more about these, in the following passages:
Processions carried out every month
- amAvAsyai (new moon day)– perumAL
- EkAdhaSi (11th day after new moon or full moon)– perumAL and thAyar
- dhwAdhaSi (12th day after new moon or full moon) – AzhwAr
- paurNami (full moon day)– AzhwAr
- Fridays – perumAL and thAyArs
- rOhiNi – kaNNan
- punarpUsam – SrI rAmar
- uthram – perumAL and AzhwAr
- thiruvisAgam (viSAkam) – perumAL and AzhwAr
- thiruvONam (SravaNam) – perumAL
kramam (method) of reciting 4000 dhivya prabandham
During every month, 4000 dhivya prabandham sEvAkAla kramam (the method of reciting 4000 dhivya prabandham) is arranged in such a way that the sARRumaRai (reciting of the final two or three pAsurams) of any AzhwAr is carried out on the day of divine star of that AzhwAr.
- rOhiNi – amalan Adhi pirAn
- mrugasIrsham – no additional recitation
- thiruvAdhirai – irAmAnusa nURRandhAdhi
- punarpUsam – perumAL thirumozhi , thiruvAimozhi 1st centum
- pUsam – thiruvAimozhi 2nd centum
- Ayilyam – nAnmugan thiruvandhAdhi, thiruvAimozhi 3rd centum
- makam – thiruchchandha viruththam, thiruvAimozhi 4th centum
- pUram – nAchchiyAr thirumozhi, thiruvAimozhi 5th centum
- uthram – thiruppallANdu, periyAzhwAr thirumozhi 1st centum, thiruvAimozhi 6th centum
- hastham – periyAzhwAr thirumozhi 2nd centum, thiruvAimozhi 7th centum
- chiththirai – periyAzhwAr thirumozhi 3rd centum, thiruvAimozhi 8th centum
- swAthi – periyAzhwAr thirumozhi 4th centum and 5th centum, thiruvAimozhi 9th centum
- thiruvisAgam – thiruviruththam, thiruvAsiriyam, periya thiruvandhAdhi, thiruvAimozhi 10th centum
- anusham – no additional recitation
- kEttai – thirumAlai, thiruppaLLiyezhuchchi
- thirumUlam – upadhEsa raththinamAlai, thiruvAimozhi nURRandhAdhi
- pUrAdam – periya thirumozhi 1st centum
- uthrAdam – periya thirumozhi 2nd centum
- thiruvONam – periya thirumozhi 3rd centum, mudhal thiruvandhAdhi
- avittam – periya thirumozhi 4th centum, iraNdAm thiruvandhAdhi
- sadhayam – periya thirumozhi 5th centum, mUnRAm thiruvandhAdhi
- pUrattAdhi – periya thirumozhi 6th centum
- uthrattAdhi – periya thirumozhi 7th centum
- rEvathi – periya thirumozhi 8th centum
- aswini – periya thirumozhi 9th centum, thiruvezhukURRirukkai, siRiya thirumadal
- bharaNi – periya thirumozhi 10th centum, periya thirumadal
- kArththigai – periya thirumozhi 11th centum, thirukkuRundhANdagam, thirunedundhANdagam
- at perumAL sannidhi – night – thiruppallANdu, senniyOngu (periyAzhwAr thirumozhi 5.4)
- at AzhwAr sannidhi – morning – kaNNinuN siRuththAmbu, thiruppAvai will be recited first. Then, pAsurams as listed previously, based on the divine star of that day.
- at AzhwAr sannidhi – night – kaNNinuN siRuththAmbu, Ezhai Edhalan (periya thirumozhi 5.8), Azhiyezha (thiruvAimozhi 7.4)
anadhyayana kAlam (when nAlAyiram is not recited) – daily sEvAkAlam
- perumAL sannidhi – 4000 thaniyans (special hymns)
- AzhwAr sannidhi – morning – upadhEsa raththinamAlai; night – irAmAnusa nURRandhAdhi
dhanur mAsam (month of mArgazhi) – at perumAL and AzhwAr sannidhis, thiruppaLLiyezhuchchi and thiruppAvai.
uUthsavams (thamizh month-wise)
- perumAL brahmOthsavam – 10 days – on thiruvAdhirai nakshathram day of chiththirai month, during night procession, AzhwAr will go with perumAL, facing perumAL. On chiththirai punarpUsam day, during night, SrI rAmar will go in procession through the mAda streets. 9th day – chiththirai thiruththEr (divine chariot). 10th day – chiththirai uthram – thIrththavAri (divine immersion in thAmirabaraNi) for mikka AdhippirAn.
- madhurakavi AzhwAr divine star – chiththirai in the month of chiththirai
- emperumAnAr thiru avathAra (divine incarnation) uthsavam – 11 days. On the 10th day, thiruvAdhirai (bhavishyadhAchAryan sannidhi), udayavar will go to AdhinAthar AzhwAr divine temple and carry out mangaLASAsanam.
- chithrA paurNami – 2 days – On paurNami day – perumAL will go in procession. On prathamai day (1st day after paurNami) AzhwAr will go in procession to boundary stone.
- SrI vaikuNtam perumAL brahmOthsavam 5th day – polindhu ninRa pirAn, AzhwAr will go in procession to SrI vaikuNtam (dhivya dhESam near AzhwAr thirunagari)
- nammAzhwAr thiru avathAra uthsavam – 10 days; 5th day garuda sEvai of navathiruppadhi (nine divine abodes) perumALs; nammAzhwAr in hamsa (swan) vAhanam; madhurakavi AzhwAr in cane chair. 7th day – AzhwAr and emperumAnAr will be together in the same seat and have thirumanjanam (at bhavaishyadhAchAryan sannidhi); 8th day – at appan kOyil (place where AzhwAr was born) – divine decoration in krishNa’s form in crawling posture; 9th day – vaikAsi thiruththEr.
- vaikAsi uthrattAdhi – varushAbhishEkam (once in the year, day when samprOkshaNam happened)
- first day of Ani – muppazham (three types of fruits offered, signalling end of summer)
- vasanthOthsavam – 10 days, sARRumaRai on Ani uthram
- Ani anusham – SrIman nAthamunigaL
- Ani Kettai – jyEshtAbhishEkam – will be done with seven curtains
- Ani thirumUlam – divine star of thiruppuLi AzhwAr (divine tamarind tree)
- thiru Adip pUram – kurugUr nAchchiyAr will go in procession to udaiyavar temple
- pakshi rAjar (garudan) uthsavam – 10 days – sARRumaRai on Adi swAthi
- Adi uthrAdam – azhagar
- thiruppavithrOthsavam (divine, purifying festivity) – 9 days – starts on AvaNi Suklapaksham EkAdhaSi (11th day after new moon). 9th day – mikka Adhip pirAn thIrththavAri.
- SrI pAncharAthra SrIjayanthi – purANa patanam (reading from purANam), kaNNan procession inside the temple; next day – uRiyadi (a game played by devotees) – perumAL, thAyAr, AzhwAr, kaNNan procession in the streets
- thirukkOLUr vaiththa mAnidhip perumAL brahmOthsavam – 9th day – AzhwAr procession to thirukkOLUr – divine glance on thiruththEr (divine chariot)
- navarAthri uthsavam – 9 days
- vijaya dhaSami – proceeding on a hunt
- purattAsith thiruvONam – gyAnappirAn, thiruvEngadamudaiyAn
- purattAsith thiruvONam – vEdhAnthAchAryar – going on a procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple and carrying out mangaLASAsanam
- first day of aippasi – starting of vennIrkkAppu (protection with warm water)
- Unjal uthsavam – 10 days – sARRumaRai on aippasi uthram
- maNavALa mAmunigaL uthsavam – 12 days – on thirumUlam day, mAmunigaL will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple, in AzhwAr’s palanquin and carry out mangaLASAsanam
- pUrAdam – sEnai mudhaliyAr [vishvaksEnar]
- thiruvONam –poygai AzhwAr
- thiruvONam – piLLai lOkAchAryar – 11 days – on thiruvONam day, piLLai lOkAchAryar will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple and carry out mangaLASAsanam
- avittam – bhUdhaththAzhwAr
- sadhayam – pEyAzhwAr
- dhIpAvaLi – AzhwArs and AchAryars will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple.
- kArththigai – thirumangai AzhwAr
- rOhiNi – thiruppANAzhwAr
- SrI pAncharAthra thirukkArththigai dhIpam – sorkkappanai, applying oil to divine throat, anadhyayana kAlam (when nAlAyiram recitation is stopped) starts on the next day.
- Sukla paksha EkAdhaSi (11th day after new moon) – kaiSika EkAdhaSi – AzhwArs and AchAryars will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple.
- kaisika dhwAdhaSi – reading of kaisika purANam (reading of purANam), aNNAviyAr brahmaratham (carrying descendant of madhurakari AzhwAr on a palanquin), perumAL garuda sEvai, AzhwAr on hamsa vAhanam
- first day of the month – starting of thiruppaLLiyezhuchchi, dhanur mAsa kramam
- thiru adhyayanam starts on the first day after amAvAsyai (will start even if only a fraction of the day remains); 21 days – pagal paththu (10 days uthsavam in day time) will be for 9 or 10 or 11 days. During pagal paththu, every day, two divine decorations for AzhwAr. On dhaSami (10th day) – AzhwAr Sayanam (lying posture), nAchchiyAr divine decoration for emperumAn
- Sukla paksha EkAdhaSi (11th day) – vaikuNta EkAdhaSi. polindhu ninRa pirAn – Sayanam. perumAL will hear about the arrangement for starting of thiruvAimozhi recitation.
- During irAppaththu (ten days uthsavam in night) – every day thirumudi sEvai (emperumAn will keep his divine feet atop AzhwAr’s divine head as mark of showering his mercy). On thiruvAdhirai day, joint thirumanjanam (divine bath) for AzhwAr and emperumAnAr. 8th day – thiruvEdupaRi (thirumangai AzhwAr will go around emperumAn, who is on horse, in circum-ambulatory manner). 10th day – nammAzhwAr mOksham (liberation). 11th day – vIdu vidai thirumanjanam (divine bath on returning from mOksham)
- Subsequent thiruvisAkam – end of anadhyayana kAlam
- kEttai – thoNdaradippodi AzhwAr
- SankrAnthi – vangakkadal (last pAsuram of thiruppAvai); sARRumaRai for thiruppalLLiyezhuchchi
- kanu – thIrththavAri for thAyArs
- magam – thirumazhisai AzhwAr
- hastham – kUraththAzhwAn goes in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple for mangaLASAsanam
- mAsi uthsavam first day – end of vennIrkkAppu (protection with warm water)
- plavOthsam (theppOthsam – float festival) – prathishtOthsavam (day of installation) of AzhwAr’s divine form – 13 days. 7th day – AzhwAr emperumAnAr sErththi (joint) thirumanjanam (in bhavaishyadhAchAryan sannidhi), 9th day – thiruththEr. 10th day – perumAL theppOthsavam. 11th day – AzhwAr and AchAryars theppOsthsavam. 12th day – mAsi visAkam – AzhwAr thIrththavAri in his divine form. 13th day – sARRumaRai after AzhwAr goes in procession to thiruththolaivilli mangalam (divine abode). thiruththolaivilli mangalam adhyayana uthsavam sARRumaRai
- punarpUsam – kulasEkaraAzhwAr
- mrugSIrsham – thirukkachchi nambi. nambi (from bhavishyadhAchAryar sannidhi) will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple for mangaLASAsanam.
- perumAL brahmOthsavam – 10 days. 9th day – thiruththEr. 10th day – panguni uthram – mikka AdhippirAn thIrththavAri
- uthram – Adhi nAchchiyAr will go in procession to udaiyavar kOyil
- ugAdhi – AzhwArs and AchAryars will go in procession to AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple. Reading of new almanac.
- Generally, on the 5th day of uthsavam here, perumAL will go in procession in garuda sEvai, AzhwAr in hamsa vAganam.
- In all the four uthsavams, there will be hoisting of garuda/hamsa flag (indicating starting of uthsavam)
- In all the four uthsavams, there will be thiruththEr (procession inside divine chariot)
- There will be thirumaNkAppu (applying of divine mark on forehead) in bhavishyadhAchAryar sannidhi whenever there is thIrththavAri in AdhinAthar AzhwAr temple
Basis – kArimARan kalaikkAppagam – nAtkuRippu
adiyEn krishNan rAmAnuja dhAsan
Source – https://srivaishnavagranthamstamil.wordpress.com/2021/12/15/azhwarthirunagari-vaibhavam-6/
archived in https://srivaishnavagranthams.wordpress.com/
pramEyam (goal) – http://koyil.org
pramANam (scriptures) – http://granthams.koyil.org
pramAthA (preceptors) – https://guruparamparai.wordpress.com
SrIvaishNava Education/Kids Portal – http://pillai.koyil.org